New Student Onboarding Process
New to our Onboarding Process? Click here to read more.
Do you have foreign education?
Please click here to check out what the next step is.
Step 1: Apply to Ohlone
Complete and submit the Ohlone application.
Step 2: Ohlone Student ID
In 2-3 days you will receive an email from Ohlone with your Ohlone Student ID. Take note of this id number and refer back to this orientation process to proceed with next steps.
Step 3: Create WebAdvisor Account
- Using your Ohlone student ID, create your WebAdvisor account.
- Synchronize Your Ohlone Accounts
- Start HERE
- Click on “Manage Your Account.”
- Click on “Synchronize Your Account.”
- Log in with your Ohlone username and password. This is the same information that you used to create your WebAdvisor account.
WebAdvisor will be used for several tasks including:
- Accessing your Ohlone student email
- Complete Orientation and Placement Module
- Register for classes
Step 4: Complete Orientation Module
- Log into WebAdvisor.
- Click on the “Students” tab.
- Under Registration, click on “START HERE: Orientation & Placement.”
Only first time Ohlone "non-exempt" students are required to complete orientation. Please review the orientation exemptions to see if you qualify. Students taking Summer classes ONLY are excluded from orientation.
Dual Enrollment students are REQUIRED to complete the Orientation Module as part of the Onboarding process. Please see Dual Enrollment for more information.
Step 5: Complete Self Guided Math & English Placement
- After completing the Orientation and Placement Module, you will be automatically directed to complete the self-guided Math and English module.
- Review Your Placement
- Log into WebAdvisor.
- Click on the "Students" tab.
- Under Academic Profile, click on “Placement Summary.”
Allow some time after completing the Math and English Placement for your results to populate.
Dual Enrollment students are REQUIRED to complete the Self Guided Math and English Placement as part of the Onboarding process. Please see Dual Enrollment for more information.
Step 6: Register for a Counseling and Registration (CAR) Session
What information is covered in an Counseling and Registration (CAR) Session?
- Receive group advising for first semester classes with a counselor
- Overview of student services, including Counseling and Special Programs
- Academic Standards
- Time Management skills
- Overview of Certificate, Degree, and Transfer information
- Financial Aid and Scholarship resources
- Review of Academic Calendar
Apply for Financial Aid
Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Ohlone Student Email
Please be aware that ALL Ohlone communication will be sent to your Ohlone Student email. You are responsible for regularly checking your Ohlone Student email.