All new students are required to complete orientation prior to registering for Fall or Spring Semesters, except those who meet one of these exemption criteria:
- Have earned a college degree (associate degree or higher)
- Are enrolled in K-12 while taking Ohlone College courses
- Are enrolling solely to take a course legally mandated for employment or necessary to meet changed industry or licensure standards
- Are enrolling for a reason other than career development or advancement, transfer, earning a degree or certificate, or completing a Basic Skills or ESL course sequence
- Are enrolling only in Summer classes
Students in Category 1 or 2 are automatically exempted.
Students who believe they qualify under Category 3 or 4 may submit a Request for Orientation Requirement Exemption.
- One-on-one advising with an Ohlone College counselor
- Associate degree and transfer requirements
- Creation of an individual class schedule and registration for classes
- Ohlone resources and services
- Study skills and other strategies for college success
- Math and English placement results
- Students rights and responsibilities
Download the New Student Handbook (PDF).
- Please check the In Person Orientation Schedule and reserve a seat for the date you want to attend.
- Students are required to arrive on time for orientations and plan to attend the entire 3-hour session, during which students will meet with a counselor and register for classes.
- Plan on arriving to campus 15 minutes before your Orientation is scheduled to start, to factor in parking and walking time. Familiarize yourself with our campus using our campus maps.
- Combines New Student Orientation with English and Math placement testing.
- Please check the Combo Orientation Schedule and reserve a seat for the date you want to attend.
- After placement testing, Counselors will be at the orientation to help students select their classes.
- Allow approximately 4 hours to attend the session in its entirety. Bring bottled water and a snack to enjoy between components.
- Combo Orientations are not offered for late-start orientations.
The Online Orientation is designed for students who cannot attend an in-person orientation and will include counseling and course advisement. Please keep in mind that it may take up to 7 working days to complete the orientation and be cleared to register for courses. Online Orientation login instructions.
Please note that the online orientation schedule follows the in-person schedule, and is only offered during new student registration periods.
- These Orientations are combined with the ESL placement testing. Please refer to the ESL Placement Testing website for additional ESL Orientation information.
- Please refer to the ESL Placement Testing website for additional ESL Orientation information and to sign-up for an ESL testing and orientation session.
- ESL Orientation is for students who need to enroll in an ESL class.
- Important Reminders for International (F-1) Students.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".