The Peer Mentor position is a paid, hourly position; mentors start out at $12.00 per hour. The number of hires each semester depends upon available funding. Open Recruitment typically opens in December and final hiring decisions usually take place in February.
To apply: Peer Mentor Application
Ohlone student leaders creating an inclusive environment by empowering new students and community members through authentic engagement towards college success, while strengthening their own professional development.
Under general supervision of the Peer Mentor Program Advisor, Peer Mentors perform a variety of specialized duties in support of the Counseling Department and Student Services Division.
- High School Application Workshops
- College fairs
- Campus tours
- New Student Orientation counseling & registration sessions
- All major events relevant to Orientation & Outreach:
- Freshman Days
- Welcome Days
- College Night
- High School Counselor Conference
- Science Night
- And more…
CRITERIA TO BECOME A PEER MENTOR:
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Minimum of 12 Units completed at Ohlone
- Be enrolled in at least 6 units per semester while a part of the program
- Must be able to commit to working approximately 5-10 hours per week and work major events