Did You Know…?
Ohlone has the highest rate of success among its 17 statewide peers of community colleges for students remaining consecutively enrolled for their first three terms. Source: California Community Colleges Student Success Scorecard.
Register for classes using WebAdvisor. Review the searchable online Class Schedule for class dates and times. Course descriptions are available in the Catalog. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and discuss their long-range academic plan. Courses for this discipline include:
- PHIL-100 Introduction to Philosophy
- PHIL-101 Ancient Philosophy
- PHIL-102 Modern Philosophy
- PHIL-104 Logic
- PHIL-106 Ethics
- PHIL-107 Practical Reasoning
- PHIL-109A Understanding the Old Testament
- PHIL-109B Understanding the New Testament
- PHIL-110 Introduction to Asian Religions
- PHIL-112 Introduction to Western Religions
- PHIL-114 Introduction to Islam
- PHIL-116 Bioethics
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore.
Students may also be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Please check with the instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.
Philosophy for Transfer AA Degree (ADT)
- Develop critical thinking skills.
- Develop rational argumentation skills.
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of the field of philosophy.