English as a Second Language (ESL)
- The ESL placement process includes an essay on an assigned topic, and computerized assessments on listening, language use, and reading skills. Review these sample questions (PDF) before your ESL placement session.
- Counselors will be available after students complete the essay and computerized assessments to help them select their classes.
- No study guides, cell phones, dictionaries, or other study aids are allowed.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes early for your scheduled session .
- You are encouraged to bring food and drinks for the break.
- ESL PLACEMENT PROCESS TAKES 4/12 HOURS TO COMPLETE. It includes placement testing, orientation, and advising.
- A reservation can be made up to 30 days in advance.
- Please cancel your reservation if you are unable to attend your session.
- If the date you would like to reserve does not show up as a choice, it may be full. However, we are able to accommodate some walk-ins depending on space available.
Thursday, May 24
|9:00am||Fremont Campus, Building 7, 2nd Floor, Room 7205 - Placement Center|
|Wednesday, June 6||
|Fremont Campus, Building 7, 2nd Floor, Room 7205 - Placement Center|
|Wednesday, June 13||9:00AM||Fremont Campus, Building 7, 2nd Floor, Room 7205 - Placement Center|
|July dates||To be announced||Please check back in June.|
|August sessions||To be announced||Please check back in July.|
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".