The New Student Orientation with Placement is designed to help you successfully start your academic journey with 3 steps in 1 (orientation, advising/counseling, and placement).
Step 1: New Student Orientation will familiarize you with Ohlone College and strategies that will help you reach your academic goals.
Step 2: After Orientation, you will complete the English and math placement process.
Step 3: You will meet with a counselor to go over your results and determine which courses are needed to best meet your academic goals.
You will also receive assistance with course registration.
Registration for new students begins on December 10th, after completion of the orientation requirement.
|Monday, December 10||9am||Fremont Campus, Building 7, 1st Floor, Room 7101|
|Tuesday, December 18||9am||Fremont Campus, Building 7, 1st Floor, Room 7101|
|Monday, January 7||9am||Fremont Campus, Building 7, 1st Floor, Room 7101|
|Tuesday, January 8||9am||Newark Campus, 1st<= /sup> Floor Lobby, NC1100|
|Thursday, January 10||12:30pm||Fremont Campus, Building 7, 1st Floor, Room 7101|
|Tuesday, January 15||12:30pm||Fremont Campus, Building 7, 1st Floor, Room 7101|
|Wednesday, January 16||9am||Fremont Campus, Building 7, 1st Floor, Room 7101|
- Students are strongly encouraged to sign up for an orientation date in advance.
- Due to space limitations, please cancel your reservation if you are unable to attend your session.
- If the date you would like to reserve does not show up as a choice, it may be full. However, we are able to accommodate some walk-ins depending on space available.
- For the Orientation only schedule, please see the Orientation website.
Doing your best will save you time and money. You do not want to be placed in a course that is too low. Refresh your English and math skills. Sample questions and study guides are available on the Placement Center website.
What to Bring
- A valid photo ID
- Your Ohlone Student ID Number