The Board of Trustees has announced that the search is underway for the next President/ Superintendent of Ohlone College. Applications and nominations for the position of President/ Superintendent of Ohlone College are currently being accepted until the position is filled.
The target date for applications is: February 19, 2020
If you have any questions or suggestions, or would like to make a confidential inquiry please contact:
- Pam Fisher, Ed.D., ACCT Search Consultant, email@example.com, (406) 570-0516 (mobile)
- Julie Golder, J.D., Vice President of Search Services, ACCT, firstname.lastname@example.org, (202) 384-5816 (mobile), 202-775-4477 (office)
About the College
The Ohlone Community College District, conveniently located just outside of Silicon Valley, is a multi-campus single community college district in the San Francisco Bay Area. The District has a main campus in the City of Fremont, a campus in the City of Newark, and has classes online. Ohlone College is an ethnically diverse institution and proudly serves over 15,000 students per year. As an institution of innovation, we strive to provide our students the best learning environment we can through the use of best practices and efforts at making continuous improvements across all departments and divisions.
- Ohlone offers 195 associate degrees and certificates, including 27 associate degrees for transfer (ADT), 45 associate degrees (AA or AS), 33 certificates of achievement, and 83 certificates of accomplishment, and seven noncredit certificates of completion.
- Most recently, 961 Ohlone students transferred to baccalaureate colleges and universities, including 548 students to California State University campuses, 243 students to University of California campuses, 49 students to in-state private colleges and universities, and 121 students to out-of-state colleges and universities.
- Ohlone College has the largest and most comprehensive program in California designed to meet the academic and vocational needs of Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing students.
- In 2017-2018, 1,076 Ohlone students graduated with associate degrees and 631 students earned certificates. Ohlone College employs approximately 500 part-time and full-time faculty and 210 support and management personnel.
The College, named for the native Ohlone tribe living in the area when Mission San Jose was founded, is located in Mission San Jose, a historical area of Fremont. The main campus in Fremont is located just south of the historical Mission close to Interstate 680 while the Newark Center is close to Interstate 880 and emphasizes programs in health, environment, and technology.
|November 2019||ACCT consultant works with Board of Trustees and staff to develop the Presidential profile and appoint the search committee|
|November 25, 2019||Campus and Community Forums for further development of Presidential profile|
|November 25, 2019||Presidential Search Committee Meeting #1: Orientation and training|
|November 2019 - February 2020||Active recruiting|
|February 19, 2020||Target date for receipt of applications (Position is open until filled)|
|February 21 - 27, 2020||Committee reviews applications independently on ACCT web portal|
|March 3, 2020||Presidential Search Committee Meeting #2: Discussion of applications, selection of semi-finalists to be invited for interview|
|March 18, 2020||Presidential Search Committee Meeting #3: Interviews of semi-finalists, select finalists|
|April 2, 2020||Finalists' public forums and campus tours|
|April 3, 2020||Finalists' interviews with the Board of Trustees|
|Mid-April 2020||Board of Trustees announces new President/Superintendent|
|July 1, 2020||Approximate start date for new President/Superintendent|
|Board Chair||Board of Trustees|
|Greg Bonaccorsi||Trustee||Board of Trustees|
|Tawney Warren||Trustee||Board of Trustees|
|Kevin Black||Student Trustee||Board of Trustees|
|Elias Barbosa||Assistant Professor, Ethnic Studies||Faculty|
|Sandra Chacko||Associate Professor, Anthropology||Faculty|
|Oscar Guillen||Director of Facilities||Classified Management|
|Darline Gunsauls||Academic Dean, Special Projects||Academic Management|
|Jesse MacEwan||Associate Professor, Counseling||Faculty|
|Carmen Madden||Associate Professor, English||United Faculty Organization (UFO) Union|
|Maggie McKenzie||Associate Professor, English||Faculty|
|Michael Moore||Human Resources Analyst||Confidential/Supervisory|
|Binh Nguyen||Executive Director, Foundation, Marketing, and Community Relations||Ohlone College Foundation|
|Alex Pinarcik||Warehousekeeper||SEIU Union|
|Isabel Reichert||Assistant Professor, Multimedia||Faculty|
|Robert Smith||Student Success Coordinator||CSEA Union|
|Talha Tariq||ASOC President||ASOC|
|Shairon Zingsheim||Vice President, Human Resources and Training||Vice President|
- November 13, 2019 - Board of Trustees approved the search process and timeline.
- November 14, 2019 - Board Chair issued a memo to the college community about the search process and committee appointment. (PDF)
- November 25, 2019 - Campus Forum - on ideal candidate attributes.
- March 23, 2020 - Presidential Finalists announced. (PDF)
How to Apply
This is a confidential search process. To ensure full consideration, application materials should be received no later than February 19, 2020. The position will remain open until filled.
To apply go to http://www.acctsearches.org and upload your documents.
Candidates will need to have the following information or materials available to complete the application:
- A letter of application (not to exceed 5 pages) that succinctly addresses the opportunities and challenges identified in the Position Profile and demonstrates how the candidate’s experience and professional qualifications prepare them to serve as the President/ Superintendent of Ohlone College.
- A current resume including an email address and cellular telephone number.
- A list of eight references: example, two to three supervisors, two to three direct reports and two to three faculty and/or staff members from current and former institutions.
For additional information, nominations or confidential inquiries please contact:
- Pamila Fisher, Ed.D., ACCT Search Consultant, email@example.com, (406) 570-0516 (mobile)
- Julie Golder, J.D., Vice President of Search Services, ACCT, firstname.lastname@example.org, (202) 384-5816 (mobile), 202-775-4466 (office)
*An ACCT Search*