Licensure Exam Pass Rates for Ohlone College PTA Program Graduates
Ohlone College PTA Program graduates have posted a 100% pass rate on the National Physical Therapist Assistant Exam (NPTAE) since 2007. (Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy website.)
Ohlone PTA Program Goals
By providing a comprehensive and forward-looking curriculum that mirrors the current standards of practice in physical therapy, the graduate with a Physical Therapist Assistant AS Degree will be:
- Practice in a variety of settings that serve diverse patient populations.
- Practice within the laws and regulations of California and the ethical tenets of the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Apply evidence based knowledge, skills, and demeanor that engender comprehensive assistance to the patient and the supervising physical therapist so that treatment goals may be reached effectively and expeditiously.
- Self-evaluate learning needs to advance in the profession and improve skills for providing patient care.
- Effectively communicate with patients, colleagues, and other members of the health care team using oral, written, and non-verbal communication skills.
American Physical Therapy Association information on demographics and statistics provided by Ohlone College PTA Program.
Success Rates for Ohlone's PTA Program
Matriculation rates are 75% for the first year, 90% for the second year. Graduation rates are as follows:
- 2007: 63.20%
- 2008: 61.10%
- 2009: 47.60%
- 2010: 61.10%
- 2011: 65.21%
- 2012: 52.63%
- 2013: 68.40%
- 2014: 81.00%
- 2015: 81.80%
- 2016: 77.27%
Employment rates vary between 90% and 100% from 2010-2016. Licensure exam pass rates are 100% for the past 10 years (2007-2016).