SAS students that qualify for notetaking services must submit a request each semester that they wish to receive services.
- Accommodations Request Forms must be submitted two weeks before the beginning of the semester.
- Submissions after this date will still be honored, but may require additional time to process.
Once a request has been processed, the following steps are taken:
- The Accommodation Services Specialist will email the class roster1 for each class that you have requested a notetaker.
- The SAS student will also be included on this email but is not mentioned by name.
- Once a student volunteers, they will be sent a notetaker contract.
- Once the contract has been processed, eligible SAS students will receive an email that contains the Notetaker’s name and email.
- It is the SAS students’ responsibility to contact the Notetaker and arrange the sharing of notes.
*Students are encouraged to take their own notes to supplement the Notetaker’s notes.*
SAS strives to make this process as simple as possible for all involved. We are always working to improve this process to guarantee our students are served as efficiently as possible. As such, the process may have subtle adjustments made from time to time. We will do our best to inform all necessary parties of these changes. If there are any questions or concerns, please contact the SAS Supervisor, Gage Rodriguez, at email@example.com.
1: Class roster is updated regularly but will only reflect the roster as current as the emails sent date.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I request a notetaker?
- You will need to first complete and submit and Accommodations Request Form prior to the beginning of each term by the due date (or at the time of registering for a class) and indicate that you would like to have notetaking services.
- Do I still need to take my own notes?
- Yes. Your notetaker's notes should be supplemental to your own notes.
- I have not received an notes. What do I do?