If you are eligible to receive extra time/distraction reduced setting for testing, please follow these steps:
- Go to the Bldg. 7 SAS Office, Room 7122.
- The Test Request Form must be filled out 5 school days prior to each test/quiz and 10 school days prior to Final Exams. Official Test Form
- SAS will send a note to your teacher indicating that you are eligible for testing accommodations and request that the exam be sent back to JoyDawn Olla with any special instructions.
- You show up to the SAS office for the exam ( Fremont Campus - Bldg 7, room 7122. Newark Campus - Student Services Wing, room 1313), instead of your classroom. You will be proctored and/or further accommodated by JoyDawn or a member of the SAS staff.
- JoyDawn Olla will return the exam to the instructor in whatever way he/she has indicated.
Please note: There will be no changes made in the date or time of the test unless specifically indicated by the instructor.
Note: Students are encouraged to share their need for this accommodation with their instructors at the beginning of the semester.
All test requests must be submitted 5 School Days prior to each exam to allow adequate time for processing and setting an appointment with a proctor.
All Final Exam test requests must be submitted 10 School Days prior to Final Exam week to allow for adequate time for processing and setting an appointment with a proctor.
Failure to notify the SAS Office 5 School Days in advance may result in the need to take your exam with your class.
You have submitted a test request less than 5 School Days in advance:
- If your instructor has not announced this exam with adequate time for you to make your request in accordance with our policy, please let us know so we can contact your instructor.
- If this request is late due to an emergency, please be mindful of the policy to prevent future disruption of your ability to receive your testing accommodations. We will make every effort to assist you.
- If you are having trouble remembering to turn in test requests on time, please contact the SAS office to make an appointment with a counselor to discuss time management, organizational skills, and discuss any challenges you may be experiencing.