Because of COVID-19, BOTH CAMPUSES ARE CLOSED (Fremont and the Newark campuses) until further notice.
Although the SAS office and Lab are closed SAS is here to support you and we are able to provide complete support services during the campus closure
- Participation in SAS is voluntary.
- Receiving accommodations/support services through SAS shall not preclude a student from also participating in any other course program, or activity offered by the college.
- All records maintained by SAS personnel pertaining to my disability(ies) shall be protected from disclosure and shall be subject to all other requirements for handling student records.
- Students have the right to file a grievance if they feel they have been discriminated against by following the Student Complaint process. We encourage students first communicate with their SAS Counselor or the SAS Director.
- NOTE: Authorities cited: Title 5 C.C.R Section 56000 et seq. Education Code sections 66701, 67301-37312, 70901, 84850.
- Proved SAS with the necessary documentation to verify a disability.
- Students will request accommodations, alternate media, testing accommodation appointments according to SAS guidelines and timelines.
- Notify SAS in advance of any absences from class or appointments if you are using interpreters, real-time captioners and/or support service providers. Failure to notify SAS may result in the loss of service)
- Return any equipment on loan from SAS at the end of each semester (if the equipment is not returned, students will be held responsible and a hold will be put on their academic records)
- Students must maintain behavior appropriate in an educational setting.
- Students must possess the ability to negotiate the campus facilities either independently or with assistance of an attendant provided by the student.
- Students must possess the ability to take care of personal needs unassisted or to provide an attendant for such purposes.
- Students must possess a stable level of health in order to benefit from a full semester/term of class participation.
- Students are to assume personal responsibility of taking any medication.
- Students are required to follow the Standards of Student Conduct as established by the college.