Students utilizing academic adjustments, auxiliary aids and services have a responsibility to use the services in a responsible manner. These services may be suspended or terminated if the student misuses services or doesn’t follow established procedures.
According to Title 5 California Code of Regulations (CCR), Section 56010, “Student Responsibilities,” SAS may suspend support services under the following conditions:
- Failure to adhere to SAS written policies and procedures.
- Failure to adhere to the District's Standards of Conduct (Board Policy 5500).
- Failure to make measurable progress towards the goals established in the student's Academic Accommodation Plan (AAP) and/or failure to meet Ohlone College';s academic regulations established by the college.
Students must notify the SAS office of his/her absence prior to the time of their counseling appointment or accommodation/support service(s) scheduled to be provided. Three (3) failures to do so may result in suspension of the service for the current semester.
Appointments and accommodation/support services include the following:
- Appointments with a SAS counselor
- Appointments with the Alternate Media Lab Access Specialist
- Appointments for test proctoring
- Sign Language Interpreter or Real-Time Captioner service
Prior to the suspension of services, the student will be notified in writing identifying the reason(s) that services will be suspended or terminated for the current semester. The letter will inform the student that he/she must meet with the SAS Counselor within five (5) working days from the date of the letter if they want to continue services.
If the student does not schedule the meeting or fails to attend, services will be suspended for the current semester.
If the Director determines services should be continued, a signed “Contract for Continuation of Services” to reinstate services for the current semester will be given to the student.