The Ohlone Pantry logo

Follow us on Social Media or inquire at

to stay up to date when we host Safeway Gift card giveaways!

Temporarily CLOSED. Please check your Ohlone Emails. For more information please visit:


Local Food Banks OPEN during "Shelter In Place" order

Name Address Phone # Website Hours Notes
Tri-City Volunteers (TCV) 37350 Joseph St Fremont, CA 94536
510-793-4583 M-Th 9:30am-2:30pm Passing out boxes & bags of food
Fremont Resources Center (FRC) 39155 Liberty Street Fremont, CA 94537 Millennium Room (A120) 510-574-2000 1st and 3rd Wednesdays 10:30am-11:30am First come first serve.
Wells Fargo Drive-Thru Food Pantry 3440 Walnut Avenue Fremont, CA 94538 Drive Thru Food Pantry July 10th- August 28 Fridays only 9:30am-2:30pm Passing out boxes of food  
Second Harvest 4001 N 1st St, San Jose, CA 95134 408-266-8866 M-F 9:00am-5:00pm Call them to make arrangements
League of Volunteers 8440 Central Ave Newark, CA 94560 510-793-5683 M-F 8:00am-5:00pm Call to schedule Pickups and deliveries
South Hayward Parish 27287 Patrick Ave Hayward, CA 94544 510-785-3663 Tues-Fri 1:00pm-5:00pm Call to make arrangements
Community of Grace 380 Elmhurst St Hayward, CA 94544 510-783-8062 Wednesdays only 11:00am Serves Hayward, Castro Valley and San Leandro residents
Alameda Food Bank 650 West Ranger Avenue Alameda, CA 94501 510-523-5850 Mon, Wed, and Fri 12:00pm-5:00pm 1900 Thau Way address is not serving food, Go to warehouse at address to left
Alameda County Community Food Bank 7900 Edgewater Drive, Oakland, CA 94621 510-635-3663 Call their help line at 510-635-3663 Go on website or Call the help line. Phone # in box to the left

How it all began...

In mid-May 2013, the Office of Student Life's previous Program Coordinator Renee Gonzales, started our very first food pantry-The Ohlone Pantry (TOP)- to help feed students in need. Since then, TOP has has provided food assistance to many students. We are thankful to the Ohlone Community and the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office Hunger Free Fund for providing us with the funding to not only continue the Ohlone Pantry but to grow as well.

Who, What, Where & How can I receive FREE food?

WHO: Any currently enrolled Ohlone Student can receive free food from The Ohlone Pantry.

WHAT: Our inventory provides supplemental groceries based on the recommended daily values needed suggested by Our inventory does fluctuate based on student needs and wants. We also provide students with an opportunity to shop for grocery items we may not  have, such as milk, eggs, etc.

If there are shelf-stable items you would like to see more of please do not hesitate to suggest it to us via email:

WHERE: Office of Student Life; Fremont Campus Building 7 or Newark Campus NC1200 (Rec Room)

Temporarily CLOSED. Please check your Ohlone Emails. For more information please visit:

HOW: Stop by our office located at the FREMONT or NEWARK campus to sign up for the Ohlone Pantry Program.

Once a week, Ohlone Students can receive a bag of supplemental grocery items.
The Office of Student Life has also partnered with Tri-City Volunteer's Mobile Food Pantry to provide students with multiple Pop-Up Farmers Markets.

Free food for Ohlone Students email for more information

CalFresh - SNAP, aka Food Stamps

For more food support resources and information about CalFresh, a federal government funded nutrition program, please go to:

Self-Care Supplies Station

SEPARATE from The Ohlone Pantry, the Office of Student Life houses a Self-Care Supplies Station for students FREE of charge.

Temporarily CLOSED. Please check your Ohlone Emails. For more information please visit:

For more information on how to receive or DONATE please visit: or email us at

Visit Student Life, Fremont Campus Building 7 room 7210 for more info on FREE Self-Care Supplies

Frequently Asked Questions...

  • What is The Ohlone Pantry?
    • It's a program to provide students with FREE supplemental groceries.
  • I'm only taking 2 units, can I still receive food from the Ohlone Pantry?
    • YES! It doesn't matter how many units you're taking as long as you're currently enrolled!
  • How do I sign up?
    • Visit The Office of Student Life at the Fremont Campus, Building 7 room 7210
  • I'm Vegan, Vegetarian; are there food options that I can still eat?
    • YES! We do our best to provide a variety of food options, as well as providing students with a means of purchasing their own groceries at the store.
  • I'm an international student, am I elligible to enroll and receive food from the Ohlone Pantry?
    • We would love to have you participate in the program; however, we must direct you to please speak with Kristi Radke regarding this question.

All other questions, comments or concerns please don't hesitate to email us at