Q. Why is Ohlone changing the practice?
Payment for classes has always been due at the time of registration. This practice, however, has not been strictly enforced in the past. Since the state of California is withholding payments to the College, it is important to collect the fees at the stated time.
- Sponsored Students
- College Connection
- Payment Plan Participants for that term
- Students who have been awarded a Board of Governors fee waiver
- Department of Rehab Students; It is the students responsibility to inform Ohlone within 5 calendar days of your registration if you are a Department of Rehab student
- NUMMI Training Program
- Veterans; Veterans must inform Ohlone prior to or within 5 calendar days of their registration to be excluded
- Students whose Financial Aid application has been processed; you will have received a "Missing Documents" letter from the Financial Aid office if your application has been processed
- English Language Institute students
- Students with a financial hardship, please see the Counseling Department within 5 calendar days of registration if you feel you fit into this group
Q.When will I be dropped?
If you have not paid, signed up for a payment plan or are not in one of the excluded groups, you may be dropped for non-payment the morning after the 5th day. The dropped for non-payment process will occur on every day of the week, including weekends.
Q. Will I be able to get back into my class?
You will be able to register again but if there is a waitlist you will go to the end of the list.
Q. Will I be notified if I am dropped?
You will be notified by email that you have been dropped. You will not receive any warning before the event.
Q. If I pay and drop how do I get my money back?
If you drop all of your classes prior to the start of the semester, then the Business Office will refund you without requesting. If you drop less than all of your classes and you paid the college directly, then you will follow the normal procedure and turn in a request for refund. If you drop less than all of your classes and you are on a payment plan, you will get an adjusted billing rather than a refund.
Q. What if I am in a program that will not inform Ohlone or pay for my classes until later in the term?
Students are ultimately responsible for all tuition and term fees owed to the college. We recommend that the student pay for all fees in full at the time of registration. After that point if Ohlone receives a tuition reimbursement check you can then request a refund for those funds. To request please use our Refund Request Form.