Procedure on Academic Dishonesty - Ohlone College

Academic Dishonesty Report/Appeal Forms



My professor failed me on my assignment for cheating, and I think that is unfair. Can I appeal that F grade sanction?

No. You can only appeal the charge that you cheated. 

I did not mean to plagiarize, can I appeal?

No. Both intentional and unintentional acts of plagiarism & cheating result in sanctions at Ohlone. Intentionality isn't considered.

How long do I have to appeal a charge of academic dishonesty?

You have 10 days from the day you sign the Academic Dishonesty Report Form (ADRF) to complete the written appeal form and submit it to the Vice President of Academic Affairs (VPAA).

If you do not meet with your instructor or you refuse to sign the form, your instructor will submit the ADRF to the division dean and the Vice President of Student Services (VPSS). The VPSS office will forward a notice of charges to your student email account, and the 10 day count will begin.

How do I appeal?

You complete the Student Appeal Form for Academic Dishonesty Charge form and submit it the VPAA within 10 days from signing the ADRF.

Will an academic dishonesty report affect my financial aid status?

Being charged with academic dishonesty is not reported to Financial Aid. Any effects resulting from being found responsible for academic dishonesty would be indirect. Please refer to the Financial Aid web page for questions about your financial aid status. 


Skip plugin notice.

Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".