(Formerly known as the Matriculation Committee.)
Charged with the evaluation, design and monitoring of the College Matriculation process, this committee is empowered by Board Policy (BP), Administrative Procedure (AP) 5050, Education Code Sections 78210 and Title 5 Sections 55500 et seq. More recently, this committee has been asked to update the long standing plan and practice to comply with the Student Success Act (SB 1456). This committee reports through the Student Development Committee to College Council and advises the VP of Student Services regarding appropriate implementation steps.
The intent of the Student Success and Support Program is to increase California community college student access and success through the provision of core matriculation services, including orientation, assessment and placement, counseling, advising, and other education planning services, with the goal of providing students with the support services necessary to assist them in achieving their educational goal and declared course of study.
- 2015-2016 Student Success and Support Program Plan (PDF)
- SB1456 Student Success Act of 2012, California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office
- Student Success and Support Program (SSSP) Handbook (PDF)
- Student Support (Re)defined, Practically Speaking (PDF)
- Student Perspectives Research Brierf, January 2013 (PDF)
- Student Perspectives Research Report, January 2013 (PDF)
- Student Success & Support Program Implementation Summit (video archives, presentation files), September 2013
- Ohlone College Implementation of Student Success Initiative (PDF)
- SSA Budget Plan 2014-2015 (PDF)
- Final Student Success Regulations adopted August 2013 (PDF)
- Student Success Data Elements from MIS Data Element Dictionary (PDF)
- SB1456 Student Success Act of 2012
- The Student Success Initiative Update and Other Title 5 Odds and Ends, May 1, 2013 (PDF)
- The Student Success Act of 2012 Presentation for Career Counselors and Professionals Workshop, April 2013 (PDF)
Wayne Takakuwa(Interim) Dean, Counseling and Student SuccessCo-chair, Student Success and Support Programs Committee
Jennifer HarperCounselorCo-chair, Student Success and Support Programs Committee
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".