Don't let financial aid scare you, and don't tell yourself "I won't qualify," because this is making the decision for the university. You may qualify for more than you know!
The Transfer Center, in partnership with the Ohlone College Financial Aid Office have compiled the following pages to assist you with understanding what is included in Financial Aid - its not just about loans!
Consider financial aid as an investment toward your future. Do your research, fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), ask questions, see what financial aid package(s) you are offered and make an informed decision.
To get started, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Learn about financial aid and/or attend a Financial Aid Workshop.
- Step 2: Use the Important Dates/Deadlines page to plan the funding of your education.
- Step 3: Fill out the FAFSA. Students interested in receiving maximum Cal Grant aid should complete the FAFSA before March 2nd. Submit documents as requested and keep records of everything!
- Step 4: Apply for Scholarships.
- Step 5: Review financial aid award letters and stay in contact with university financial aid offices. The Ohlone College Financial Aid Office and the Transfer Center can assist as appropriate. Look for Financial Aid Workshops about Financial Aid Award Letters to better understand your financial aid package.
- Step 6: Make an informed decision based on offers from admissions, financial aid, housing, and anything else that is important to you and your transfer plans.