WOW - Week of Welcome
We encourage new students to join us for our Week of Welcome (WOW) sessions May 08-14, 2021 where we will host LIVE Zoom sessions that will provide information on programs, connections, and the resources you will need to become an Ohlone student. Sessions include: an In-Person Open House, Application Workshop, Parent Q&A and Self-Guided Placement Support, Financial Aid Workshop and Freshman Days. We know it can be challenging navigating the online learning environment and we want to provide you the support you need to succeed on your pathway to success.
In-Person Open House Event
WELCOME to Ohlone College! Join us for an in-person Open House event where you will engage in a self-guided tour. Throughout this tour, you will receive a glimpse into what makes Ohlone a great place to learn. Ohlone staff and faculty from our academic programs and student services will present in-person to help you explore all that Ohlone has to offer.
When: Saturday, May 8, 2021, 10AM – 2PM
Where: Ohlone College, FREMONT CAMPUS
Address: 43600 Mission Boulevard, Fremont, CA 94539 (ENTER THROUGH PINE ST.)
(Free Parking for all attendees)
Who should attend this event?
- High school Senior
What will you learn about Ohlone College?
- How our admissions process makes it easy to attend college!
- How our academic pathways, technical, career education and non-credit programs can help you transfer successfully or land your dream job!
- How we can help along the way with student support services and accommodations for students with disabilities.
- How to pay for it all. Our Financial Aid represents will break down how financial aid works to gain access to grants, scholarships and free tuition at our institution.
- How to have FUN! Our Office of Student Life and Athletics department will join us to fill you in on all of our clubs, learning communities and athletics.
Please register for this event, as we are limiting the number of attendees at a time, for the safety of all attendees, students and staff. Open House attendees will register for a 2-hour tour time slot.
*Program is subject to change at any time.
Week of Welcome Schedule
WOW Programming encompasses: key programs, connections, and resources – all of which are essential for new students.
Join us for WOW, FREE Live Zoom Sessions.
Registration is FREE, but required to attend.
Three EASY Steps to Attend:
- Click on the date and time, below, of the session(s) you are interested in. Register for as many sessions as you like. No limit. Registration is FREE. Takes one minute or less. All you need is your name and email.
- Receive email with link and password.
- On the day and time for the event, click on zoom link you received in email, and enter password, and you are all set!
WEEK OF WELCOME SCHEDULE
May 08-13, 2021
OPEN HOUSE (In-Person)
10:00AM - 2:00pm
At this Open House, students and their families will have the opportunity to immerse themselves in what Ohlone College can offer. We will provide the following: campus tours, campus clubs and programs, and general information on learning opportunities.
APPLICATION WORKSHOPS (Virtual)
6:00 - 8:00pm
In this session, we physically assist high school students with filling out the application for Ohlone.
PARENT ORIENTATION (Virtual)
4:00 - 6:00pm
Join this virtual zoom webinar to learn more about college expectations and how to support your students in achieving their academic and career goals. This session is open to all families.
PARENT Q&A / PLACEMENT SUPPORT (Virtual)
6:00 - 8:00pm
This session will piggyback off of the Freshman Days Parent Orientation in case parents have further general questions. We will also provide any guidance needed to complete the self-guided placement.
FINANCIAL AID WORKSHOPS (Virtual)
6:00 - 8:00PM
This session offers in-depth information about applying for Financial Aid and various aid, including various grants available to students.
FRESHMAN DAYS (Virtual)
Though we are functioning in a virtual platform we still have great information to share with you all and get you prepared for your time with us at Ohlone. In order to accommodate for different schedules, we have multiple sessions offered at different times/dates. Each session will share the same information and include breakout rooms for you to get more information about programs and services we have to support you throughout your educational journey with Ohlone.
Student Services Contact Information
Have a question? We’re here to help. Contact us.
- Student Pathways Programs: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admissions & Records: 510-659-6100
- Financial Aid: 510-737-1738
- Counseling: 510-659-6110
Frequently Asked New Student Questions
Admissions & Records – Frequently Asked Questions
Student residency status is determined by the way questions are answered on the submitted online application. If you believe you have been coded in error, please reach out to an admissions staff member at email@example.com or visit Ohlone.edu/admissions/residency for further assistance.
The Ohlone WebAdvisor system has the most up-to-date class information. At the top of the Ohlone homepage www.ohlone.edu you’ll see a tab that says "online services," click that tab. You'll then see a drop-down menu with an option that says "Search for Sections," go ahead and click that option. You'll then be forwarded over to the WebAdvisor search for sections page. Please make sure to enter at least two search parameters, such as the term and the subject, when searching for classes.
- In "Term" drop down menu select “2021 Spring Semester.”
- Then in "Section Status" drop down menu select “Open Sections.”
- If Interested in Late Start Classes. Click the "Late Start" Box.
- Then go to bottom of page and click on the “SUBMIT” blue button.
Students can either set an appointment or meet with a counselor on a drop-in to clear prereqs. Please make sure you have a transcript (unofficial are acceptable) ready so counselors can review your course work and waive prereqs as needed.
Financial Aid – Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to the Financial Aid Self-Service page in the awards tab.
- Log into WebAdvisor https://webadvisor.ohlone.edu.
- Once on self-service, click on the Financial Aid link at the top and click on awards.
- Click on the “Financial Aid Checklist” link.
- Locate the Financial Aid section on the bottom.
Please visit https://ohlone.verifymyfafsa.com and log in using your username and password you created. Click on the request button at the top to request either document.
Please refer to https://www.ohlone.edu/finaid/contact and click on the letter of your last name. This will display your case manager contact information
- For the Fall 2020, Spring 2021, Summer 2021 semesters, please complete the 2020-2021 FAFSA application
- For the Fall 2021, Spring 2022, Summer 2022 semester, please complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA application
- Federal School Code is 004481
VIP STUDENT SERVICES
Virtual-In-Person Student Services Available Now!
Open: Monday - Thursday, 10am-3pm
Closed: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays
Admissions & Records, Financial Aid, Counseling, Onboarding, Career Services & Cashier Services